Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The 40 bag Challenge!

If you know me, maybe even just a little, you know that I hate clutter.  Being disorganized makes my skin crawl I can’t help it.  The other side to that is also that I hate feeling like I have too much ‘stuff’, which happens often.  I’m always trying to downsize, purge and pass on stuff.  So whilst I am not Catholic, I am all for giving up things that I no longer need or use and the 40 bags in 40 days challenge (which coincides with Lent) is one I’m happy to take part in!
I don’t know the history behind this challenge, I just found out about it today from White House Black Shutters but in a nutshell, you clean up 40 different spaces or rooms and produce a bag of some size (or a piece of furniture) that you are going to get rid of.  For me that’s easy enough and I started today with magazines.  I’ve kept soo many magazines but funny enough I almost never refer to them, as I tend to go to the internet first.  So out they go!
To be honest I added them to my already growing pile of purge that I started last week when I cleaned out the craft room and the guest bathroom closet.
IMG_5906
Have no fear though, there is plenty more to do!  So are YOU up for the challenge?  What do you have to lose besides some clutter???

No comments: