Saturday, January 21, 2012

It’s not much…

Snow has finally fallen here in Maryland and while there isn’t much there it’s still beautiful to me.

DSC_0001

I’m still hopeful that we will get a good substantial snow storm before winter is over.  This rainy, warm and grey weather is the pits for me.  Not so much because it’s depressing but because I see ALL the work that needs to be done in the yard every time I look out the window.  Winter, when the ground is white and frozen is the time when my mind calms from all the needs, wants and wishes of the yard.  It’s when I can just focus on the beauty of the bones and spend quality time inside doing other things.  It’s just a peace and down time that I need.  Without it, I feel a little off, a little less rested I guess.

DSC_0002 

I got up at about four am this morning just to watch the snow fall for a bit, till I got cold.  It was so quiet and just so soul soothing.  My gardens are now asleep if only for a brief little while and that is priceless to me!

Happy Winter Wishes!

No comments: