Sunday, February 27, 2011

Seasons Change..

We’ve had a little bit of everything this winter and I mean everything!  We had some of the heaviest snow I’ve ever seen it stuck to the trees and it broke lots of tree limbs.
DSC_0016DSC_0003
Then we had a break in the cold with three glorious days of temperatures in the 60’s and almost 70.  Of course that sort of weather makes me want to go out and clean up the mess or winter crud as Randy calls it.  Then came the winds!  I think the winds have been the worst ever this winter, on Friday 60 mph gust and sustained 35 mph.  The amount of sticks and limbs that need to be cleaned up is daunting.  In addition to all of this, I’ve lost, I believe all the fish that were in my pond.  The dying off started early in the winter and then after the super snow, a massive die off took place.  Randy says he’s seen a couple in there still but I haven’t.  I don’t know what happened, but it’s very sad. 
Today though was a beautiful sunny day, I think it got to about 60 out there, the sun felt grand as I cleaned out 3 garden beds.  I wanted to uncover the garden area that I planted for the bees last year and uncover the spring bulbs that are pushing up to find the sun.
DSC_0004DSC_0005DSC_0006DSC_0007DSC_0008
One final thing before I close, while I’m not sure, I’m suspect that the damage done to my Japanese Rose is from stink bugs.  It would make sense that this dastardly little pest would attack plants that are from their Asian roots.  In any event here is what the stalks of mine looks like and it’s not pretty!
DSC_0009
Till next time!

No comments: